What is the Clothes Bank?
Harrogate Clothes Bank helps people who are in need of free clothes. We try to create a shopping experience giving people a choice of what they want, like and need, and everything is provided free of charge.
We opened in 2016 as a St Mark’s Church (Leeds Road) project and continue to operate under their authority.
What do we offer?
- Clothes for adults, children and babies.
- Sorry, we don’t stock school uniforms. They’re available free from The Village who operate out of the United Reform Church on West Park in Harrogate town center. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a small amount of maternity wear for emergencies, but The Village has lots. See above.
- We share warehouse space with the Canaan Warehouse who supply free furniture and household goods. If you need their services please email: email@example.com. Please note, you will NOT be able to view items in Canaan Warehouse during your Clothes Bank visit, unless by prior arrangement.
- We don’t have toys. Please contact Harrogate and Knaresborough Toy Library. Although this is a membership service, they also provide free membership when it’s needed.
We’re here to help
The Clothes Bank is open to anyone in need. Customers can visit, without an appointment during our opening hours or contact us directly in an emergency.
Customers do not to be referred to us by another organisation but many are signposted. Organisations who signpost to us include:
- Social Services
- Homeless and vulnerably housed support (Harrogate Borough Council and Harrogate Homeless Project)
- IDAS women’s refuge
- Citizen’s Advice Bureau
- Harrogate Foodbank and Resurrected Bites
- Christians Against Poverty
- Refugees & asylum seekers support groups
We support other organisations by donating to them our excess stock.